Our technology provides a clear competitive edge in terms of efficacyand efficiency (at least 30 times less drug used to get the same effect) with minimum residual drug in the used patchto ensure ease of disposal. The unique protective properties of silica matrixwill allow the production of SMART multi-targeted bioactive patches. (e.g. combining growth factors like EGF, antibiotics and pain relief molecules) for the treatment of deep skin wounds such as burns.
Based on our data, our nanocomposite patch technology can:
- Significantly extend the time of application.
- Minimise skin irritation via drug encapsulation in protective and biocompatible silica matrix.
- Increase the efficiency of the patch by several folds: More than 95% usage in the nanocomposite lidocaine patch.
- Significantly lower the drug loading in the patch thus providing an economically viable and effective solution for expensive drugs (>30x).
- Significantly reduce the residual drug in the used patch to almost nil which provides for easy disposal, especially required in the case of abuse-prone drugs like fentanyl.
- Allow multidrug treatments in one device: Super “All in One” dressings which will allow multifaceted wound care can be developed; i.e. faster and better healing, low scarring and improved pain management.