Building on the key strengths of our silica delivery platform, such as protection and sustained release of the payload, and compatibility with spinning processes, Ceramisphere Health has developed the concept of a biodegradable nanocomposite patch in collaboration with Nanopharma a.s.
Our nanocomposite patches are composed of biodegradable polymeric nanofiber mat containing homogeneously distributed silica nano-particles containing the encapsulated bioactive/s.
They have the following distinctive features:
- High Functionality incorporating a wide range of drugs, including drugs incompatible with the polymer matrix.
- Exceptional protection of the active during and after production of the patch.
- Extended sustained release provided by the silica nanoparticles.
- Safe, Biocompatible and Non-toxic.
- Prevents crystallisation of Poorly Soluble Drugs.
- Efficient use of the whole drug payload with “minimal waste” after use.